Saturday, May 10, 2014

Comfort & Kamakura

On Saturday I slept in, and took a day trip to Kamakura

^This guy was everywhere.

Kamakura was the political center of Japan until Kyoto was established by the Muromachi or Ashikaga government.


The first stop was Jōmyō-ji


Temple Neko, living the good life...


Kisen-an tea house and the Zen garden


Where one could enjoy the Japanese Bush Warbler's song



I then slipped into Hōkoku-ji right before they closed


Their lovely grove of about 2000 mōsō bamboo, and their Chashitsu to the right






Peace and quiet... exactly what I needed.


Momiji


The temple closed, and we were told to let ourselves out.

#trust


Sunday = American style BBQ and karaoke with Karen, Aaron, Joe and others! The venue provided all the chicken, beef, veggies, and even a beer can chicken kit! The bbq wrapped up with Yakisoba on the grill.



...annnnd I made one run to Harajuku before I left for the airport on Monday

No comments: