Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hitting for the Cycle

In baseball, hitting for the cycle is the accomplishment of one batter hitting a single, a double, a triple, and a home run in the same game.

In July, I flew for the Boeing cycle.

737-800

^SEA-EWR

747-8i

^FRA-IAD

757-200

^IAD-SEA

767-300

^YVR-NRT

777-200

^EWR-FRA

787-8

^NRT-SEA

An Airbus A321-200 snuck in as well

^FRA-VCE

The 717 doesn't count since it's a re-branded MD-95...


So, one of the highlights of this trip, was Lufthansa's 747-8i. This was the first customer and airplane that I worked on, so saying I was excited to fly on it would be an understatement. That wingtip...

The upper deck was wonderful as usual.


Project #1


...and I met some a fan of my colleague's work!


The engines look fab on that lovely wing


Also fabulous? the views...


One the way back, the Central Cascades provided a stunning welcome home


And the trip was complete with the best Rainier sighting ever!


No comments: